Top Healthcare App Development Companies in 2023
InData Labs is a high-quality provider of Big Data and Artificial Intelligence services tailored to the unique and challenging requirements of their Clients.
The company specializes in Data Science, Data Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, Computer Vision, Business Intelligence, and Machine Learning.
Bastion Elevate is a full service social media marketing, public relations, digital, and development agency.
DashBouquet Development is a software development company that offers Ruby on Rails services.
The firm builds web applications, as well as native and hybrid mobile apps for customers operating in such industries, as education, transport and healthcare. In addition to this, DashBouquet Development owns a few software solutions.
CubeZoo is a Mobile App and Web Development agency established in 2011.
Simple things should be simple, complex things should be possible. Through specialised expertise we build powerful technology that helps grow business ideas.
Accelerate your development with a dedicated team of JS experts.
Build scalable web and mobile applications with Europe’s top TypeScript, Node.js, NestJS, React Native and ReactJS engineers.
Our people (experienced full stack developers, UI/UX designers, QAs and BAs) join your people and work together on your web or mobile application.
From day 1, we focus on delivering business value through high-quality software.
Our clients call it painless team augmentation. We call it digital acceleration. What’s important - it works.
It has worked well for 60+ tech businesses across different industries (gaming, fintech, edtech, martech, healthcare). There's a fair chance it will work well for you.
Foxbox Digital is an award-winning digital product agency, headquartered in Chicago. We partner with clients ranging from Fortune 50 companies to high-growth startups and everyone in between to design, develop, and deliver successful digital experiences.
Since 2008 Rave Digital + Aheadworks have individually and collectively built a solid reputation of excellence by providing innovative, client-dedicated eCommerce solutions for Global B2B merchants, leading B2C brands, and SMB’s alike. Our dedication to delivering quality eCommerce solutions has positioned us within top-ranking amongst peers, and proud recipients of 4 Adobe Magento Awards.
Glorium Technologies is a full-cycle app and software development company which serves specific client business needs and trying to manage them via the best possible technology solutions.
We provide tech startups with the strategic & technical expertise they need to build their vision, for less. With in-depth knowledge in many industries, we work alongside your team, assisting in creating sophisticated software solutions and getting to the market faster.
SolveIt is a trusted full-service mobile development company oriented towards Europe and North America, offering the one-stop-shop for all your business solutions and requirements. We build a long-term relationship with our clients and offer a full range of services: from app development, design and support to the product strategy and launch.
For the last 3 years, we launched 70 startups and 20 of them get to profit in a year after MVP launch. It means, that success probability is x95 more than the average number on the market.
As a rule, the majority of startups are reaching development firms to have their app developed. Despite the good stack of technical specialists, Agile methodology is not the best solution for any startup. Each startup needs to save every penny. And that’s why the Lean Startup methodology is the best solution here. We are hiring people with an entrepreneurial set of minds to share their own startup launching experience.
Such an approach allows us to deliver awesome solutions and update ideas in order of generating more profit for the apps.
Phaedra Solutions is one of the top software development companies which specializes in web development, mobile app development, blockchain, e-commerce, and big data services.
We shape deep relationships between brands and people, the ones that last a lifetime.
Digital Agency based in Buenos Aires, Argentina delivering high quality digital products. Experts in Digital Transformation and Innovation.
💡Schedule a Free Call with our Specialists to discuss your idea!
SotaTek is a part of Sota Holdings, a global Software Development as a Service (SDaaS) & IT Consulting group.
We specialize in sustainable Blockchain Technology, Software Development (Web/App/Game), AI & Machine Learning, ERP with cost-effective solutions to achieve sustainable growth for enterprises of all sizes.
Our offices are based internationally in Vietnam, Australia, Japan and the US with global Clients mainly from the US, EU, UK, ANZ, Middle East, Asia.
Highly Rated Web, Software & Mobile Development Company for Startups and SMEs
Pharaoh Soft is the partner of choice for many of the world’s enterprises and SMEs. We deliver next-generation enterprise applications on the web, mobile, and desktop, to streamline business processes and enhance customer experience
In the world of remote work, online orders, and social distancing, technology helps to bring people and processes together. Let's digitalize your business today.
We are a software consulting and development company that takes joy in streamlining technical and business processes with the help of the latest technologies.
Caktus Group builds sharp web apps. Based in Durham, North Carolina, and founded in 2007, we’re pioneers in Python and Django development. We specialize in custom web and app development for business, health care, higher education, and social good. Our Agile team develops for scalability and performance.
At Softpulse Infotech, we are working towards creating the best eCommerce & marketing solution for the clients. We are a Shopify Plus Expert & Shopify Partners Agency with 9+ years of hand-hold industry experience. We have got a team that is passionate and is aware of all the know-how of the industry. We deliver services of Shopify Web Development, eCommerce Website Design, Shopify Apps Development, and Digital Marketing. With a team of designers, developers, and branding experts, we can deliver the most intuitive Shopify Stores. For any business queries, feel free to get in touch.
We move legacy software solutions to secure, stable and scalable platforms, saving their business value.
Why modernize? Increase competitiveness, simplify maintenance, and improve the business processes.
Sibedge is a globally distributed software engineering company that puts people first. For over 15 years, we have successfully implemented over 350 projects across more than 27 countries. With headquarters in Australia and teams of highly-trained engineers around the world, Sibedge delivers high-value services to empower clients digital transformation and strengthen clients' software solutions. Sibedge service architecture combines both product- and project-minded development disciplines. The service architecture offers five services that have an agile partnership at their core.
Pi Visions, is a 360-degree digital agency that provides highly specialised service for advance website development and helping our customers reach their online business goals.
Cleveroad is a software development company that creates complex business-driven solutions, with a focus on innovation and transparency of actions and guaranteed product delivery.
Digitalization of the healthcare industry has become integral to providing the best services to people. From scheduling appointments and diagnostics to patient monitoring, the benefits that healthcare apps offer are tremendous. It is not surprising that many healthcare app development services are out there. Statista says the mobile health market is predicted to be over 300 billion US dollars by 2025.
The number of medical apps available on the Google Play Store was 54,546 in the third quarter of 2022. Given the apps’ popularity and necessity, it will do well for healthcare institutions to choose a top healthcare app development company. Not only are the apps beneficial to patients, but they also help physicians provide the best care. This article is a detailed guide on the top healthcare app development companies, how to choose them, their benefits, and more.
Introduction to Healthcare App Development
Healthcare app development aims at helping users manage their medical conditions, hospital appointments, fitness goals, insurance claims, and other health-related services. Developing a healthcare app is challenging as it should provide a solution that is helpful for doctors, patients, administrators, nurses, lab technicians, and prescription vendors.
The app development focuses on two main aspects:
1. Doctors: For healthcare providers, the app will ensure tracking and monitoring of patients, scheduling appointments, and staff management.
2. Patients: Booking appointments, consultations with physicians, and recommendations are provided via apps focused on patients.
- Healthcare app development ensures
- Remote access to healthcare
- Provides support for doctors
- Minimizes risk
- Saves expenses
While patients receive remote medical assistance enabling them to monitor their health effectively, medical professionals also benefit by sharing medical opinions, practices, ideas, and more with other medical experts.
Benefits of Healthcare App Development
Healthcare app development is growing in popularity due to its various benefits to people from all walks of life. Some of the key advantages it offers include:
- Better patient engagement via personalized care and effective data sharing between patients and healthcare providers.
- Manual management of records can result in inaccuracies and is time-consuming, which is avoided with healthcare apps.
- Apps help quick, 24/7 communication via chats, video calls, and calls, avoiding in-person visits for minor problems.
- Payments are hassle-free and done via secure payment methods, with patients having the facility to make instant payments with just a few clicks.
- Reminders for appointments, medications, and renewals of prescriptions are easier with the app.
- Avoids repetitive administrative work and helps provide a better patient experience via automated reminders.
- Organizing a huge amount of patient information is easier with healthcare apps. The app automatically records info from connected devices or wearables.
- Healthcare providers can form comprehensive patient profiles and ensure HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) compliance.
- Real-time monitoring of health conditions like heart rate, blood pressure, and more is possible with IoT-connected applications, which help healthcare providers to gather accurate patient information. Informed decision-making and proper care are possible with such apps.
The Growing Need for Healthcare App Development
Healthcare app development services provide businesses with effective tools that ensure efficient services and successful outcomes. Some of the key reasons for using a top healthcare app development company are:
- Mobile healthcare apps are easy and quick to reach, enabling users to connect to a company or healthcare provider 24/7
- Employers can track their employees’ physical and mental health, identify employees struggling with depression or stress, offer the needed support, set fitness goals for them, and more.
- Healthcare apps help minimize costs related to prescription filling, appointments, billing, and more through automation and streamlined processes.
- Healthcare apps are vital tools for managing patients’ chronic conditions, making them understand their health condition better, and improving engagement.
- Medical information is kept and accessed securely, minimizing omissions and errors that can lead to legal issues and difficulties in making insurance claims.
- Due to the automation of many manual tasks, healthcare institutions save money and time.
Challenges in Developing Healthcare Apps
With the various advancements in app development, top healthcare app development companies face many challenges in addressing the needs of medical providers and users. Here are some of them:
- Due to apps storing private information about users, the records are prone to unauthorized access.
- The changing trends in device design, regulations, lifestyles, and more make it difficult for app development companies to meet the demand.
- Implementing artificial intelligence and IoT in healthcare apps is challenging, and top healthcare app development companies use a separate team of professionals to address the issue.
- Patients, as well as doctors, find it difficult to use applications that are not user-friendly. So the apps need to be focused on user experience.
The Role of App Development Companies in Healthcare
Top healthcare app development companies are vital in ensuring efficient and effective healthcare service. They help by:
- Minimizing the cost of development and maintenance as developers reuse code used for the development of diverse medical apps
- Customized plans with high scalability are enabled.
- Advanced encryption methods are used to ensure superior security.
- Data management solutions help protect user data and ensure compliance.
- Healthcare providers can communicate with patients using messages, live video, and calls, ensuring fast, 24/7, and secure communications.
Due to the above benefits, patients are up to date on their healthcare, records are maintained properly, and doctor visits are scheduled seamlessly.
Different Types of Healthcare Apps
Healthcare apps are of different types based on their use cases. Here are five main types:
1. Healthy lifestyle maintenance
These apps help educate patients, including diet monitoring, exercise guides, fitness tracking, nutrition, etc.
2. Emergency care
The apps help direct patients to the nearest emergency healthcare center by providing directions, insurance options, waiting periods, travel time, etc.
3. Diagnosis help
The apps provide access to personal health data like lab tests, electronic charts, digital imaging, and more.
4. Medication tracking
The apps ensure patients are following their prescriptions by tracking their daily dose, meals, time intervals, etc.
5. Hospital apps
The apps provide information about the hospital, doctors, health services, waiting time for ER, and more.
Factors to Consider When Choosing an App Development Company
Here are the important factors to consider in an app development company:
- The app should have an intuitive and easy-to-use interface.
- The company should be upfront about the actual cost, including the expected cost of upscaling if needed.
- Integrated security controls that help regulate the use appropriately should be present.
- The application should integrate with the services and systems that it interacts with throughout its lifecycle.
- Proper guidance, including training and professional assistance, is necessary to accurately utilize the product.
- The app should be scalable and easy to upgrade, update, and show superior performance.
Checklist for Selecting the Right App Development Company
Some of the important things to check when choosing a reputed company are:
- Check the work portfolio, which includes skillset, capabilities, team benefits, etc.
- Find out whether the company knows industry standards and has prior experience in a similar project.
- The price quoted should align with the quality provided
- Trustworthiness is an important aspect as it influences business growth. Check customer reviews, LinkedIn recommendations, and from other professional networks.
- A strong rapport with the company is essential for maintaining a long-term relationship.
- The company should be upfront about the actual charges and not have additional or hidden charges.
What Makes a Good Healthcare App Development Company
Some of the key things that make a top healthcare app development company good are:
- A proven track record in building efficient and effective products for the healthcare industry.
- A robust portfolio of successful healthcare projects will help to know the expertise and experience.
- Good reviews from past customers that demonstrate technical skills, customer support, and efficient collaboration.
- Proper communication, transparency, and honesty regarding availability, skills, and experience.
- Solid values that align with the client’s values for seamless and successful collaboration.
Key Features of a Good Healthcare App Development Company
The important features to look for in a good healthcare app development service are:
- Unique design features that are user-friendly and provide full benefits to users
- Superior security features ensure the integrity and privacy of patient data, including health history, medical records, and more.
- Provision for a live video consultation with specialists connecting users with experts in real-time.
- Track health activity, including monitoring blood pressure, heart rate, and more, enter the daily measurements and provide healthcare advice on diet.
- Provide integration with wearable devices which helps to monitor, store, and sync health data.
- Cloud storage features will help access patient info from anywhere and help keep electronic records of medical reports.
- Blockchain technology increases security and ensures faster transactions.
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning features help in making users aware of health problems in advance as they provide better accuracy in results.
- The app should support multiple devices and be compatible with all versions.
The Cost of Developing Healthcare Apps
The cost is based on the type of app needed. For instance, a medical billing app’s cost can range from $40,000 to $90,000. A telemedicine app that provides medical consultation delivers medicines, and more can cost from $50,000 up to $200,000.
The expenses range from $60,000 to $300,000 for fitness apps that track activities, personalized training, direct messaging, and other options. The difference in cost is also present concerning the features present.
For example, adding a scheduler can cost up to $700, while notifications cost $800 to $1,500. Multi-option login attracts a fee of $4,000 up to $10,000.
Quality Assurance and Testing of Healthcare Apps
Quality assurance and testing in healthcare apps are based on the type of project and its specific requirements. However, some common features are tested like
Security and Compliance
Testing security and compliance prevents data leaks. It checks whether all endpoints are bolstered by authorization and access permissions.
User interface and user experience
Testing of UI/UX helps in finding the challenges that users encounter when the application is navigated. It involves phases like static and dynamic testing phases.
Interoperability testing involves checking the exchange of data and connectivity. It helps identify issues that can disrupt the interoperability of platforms and apps.
The speed and efficiency are tested with variables like device, location, connectivity, and more.
Besides the above, there are other testing types like functional, cross-browser, mobile version, system integration, and more.
Benefits of Working with a Healthcare App Development Company
The benefits gained are numerous. They include:
- Workflow is improved, and time-consuming processes are minimized. Healthcare providers can remotely monitor patients, identify any deviation in the treatment plan and take necessary steps to ensure the situation is under control.
- Automation and easy access to healthcare services 24/7 are possible and are provided at a reduced cost as automation minimizes human labor and also optimizes other services.
- Improved cost-effectiveness and convenience are assured due to the use of automation, the elimination of paperwork, planners, online calendars, and more.
- Errors are minimized, and diagnosis, monitoring, and care are seamless and done much faster, resulting in effective treatment and proper follow-ups.
How to Choose the Best Healthcare App Development Company
Choosing the best healthcare app development company is important to build a successful application. Here are some factors to look for:
- Understand the goals of the company and the requirements concerning the healthcare app. The budget, target audience, the objective of the project, and collaboration with the app development service are important factors to note.
- Carry out thorough market research on the mobile healthcare app development industry, including knowing about the specialists, programming language, hourly rates, experience, and more.
- An experienced service will ensure a quality product and also offer valuable recommendations and concepts to improve the project.
- While cost is one of the deciding factors, a low-cost service may not always provide the quality needed. It is best to look at quotes and make a comparison to find the cost-effective option.
- The service should offer continued support. Most services charge separately for maintenance, including future maintenance, updates, and bug fixes.
Technical Expertise Required for Developing Healthcare Apps
The use of different frameworks like Agile, Kanban, Scrum, and practices like extreme and pair programming are vital in developing such apps. Skills in Native Android app development, Native iOS app development, expertise in cloud computing, API development and integration, and application security.
Security-related skills include multifactor authentication, knowledge of denial of service, scripting attacks, etc., encryption algorithms like DES (Data Encryption Standard) for secure data storage, and familiarity with Compliance-As-Code for ensuring standard compliance.
Benefits of Using a Professional Healthcare App Development Company
Collaborating with a healthcare app development service helps in creating user-friendly apps that track medical data for users effectively and set up appointments whenever needed. A top service can create highly scalable apps that use advanced trends and technology. Some vital benefits include:
- Reduced cost of development and maintenance
- Enhanced usability and functionality
- Improved security and compliance
- Customized treatment plans
- Quick and secure communication
- Proper data management
Tips for Working With a Healthcare App Development Company
Some useful tips for working with a medical app service include:
- Identify the objective of the healthcare app.
- Select the technology needed, such as a remote health monitoring system for lifestyle management and tracking patient health progress. Integrated health solutions are needed if multiple healthcare services are provided.
- The end user’s needs must be identified to provide appropriate automated and management solutions that benefit patients and doctors.
- Choose the features needed in the healthcare app, like booking features, billing, electronic data exchange, and more.
- The service should provide real-time updates and track the progress of users.
- The interface should be user-friendly with easy navigation.
Strategies to Ensure Successful Healthcare App Development
While developing and adopting technological healthcare solutions, they must be patient-centric. The strategy used should be able to achieve the main objectives of developing the app. Some of the strategies that ensure the creation of a successful app include:
- Easy accessibility
- Affordable cost
- A high degree of scalability
- The app should be sustainable in the long term
- It should be secure to use without the health care provider, or the user is worried about data leaks.
Best Practices for Developing a Healthcare App
Some of the best practices used include:
- Seamless operability across different health systems allows easy access to patient records, test results, scans, and more.
- Cross-platform functionality ensures the app functions smoothly on all devices like tablets, smartphones, and computers. Any patient appointment or care changes should be reflected in the related devices like that of the medical provider, clinical staff, and patient.
- Push notifications are vital for alerting patients and healthcare people on aspects like medication, prescription refills, consultation, etc.
- Patient feedback is a crucial tool to improve the quality of care and increase workflow.
The use of healthcare apps benefits health providers and patients, making it very important to choose the right healthcare app development service. Hiring a top healthcare app development company enables superior preventive care that can positively impact people in the long run.
The above guide on choosing the top healthcare app development companies provides a detailed insight into the process to help in developing successful healthcare apps. When chosen appropriately, the apps ensure seamless healthcare delivery that saves time, money, and effort for all the beneficiaries.
Frequently Asked Questions
What services are provided by healthcare app development companies?
Top healthcare app development companies offer a diverse range of services that encompass the following:
- Customized software development for healthcare aims to create solutions that improve the care given to patients with enhanced medical outcomes.
- Develop adaptable and scalable software solution that helps in lab inventory and storage, security, data integrity, and more.
- Ensure the software is compliant with remote health monitoring standards set up by organizations like HIPAA.
- Create software that provides quick and easy access to patient information and remains connected to the patients.
- Telemedicine software for video calling and instant messaging to minimize patient care and minimized cost.
How can I determine the best healthcare app development company for my needs?
Deciding on the best company can be done by looking into the following factors:
- The company’s portfolio will provide info on the quality and performance of the team.
- Client references will provide feedback on the brand, their work process, technical expertise, and support.
- `Experience in the healthcare sector will help in better quality service and save in development time.
- Technical expertise is necessary to ensure the healthcare app meets customer requirements.
- Another easy, quick, and effective way to choose is to select from the best healthcare app development company list.
How much does it cost to develop a healthcare app?
The cost of developing a healthcare app varies. The average cost ranges from $45,000 to $80,000 for a single platform app, while the cost for multiple platform apps ranges from $80,000 to $120,000.
While the charges per hour in the US are $80 to $250 per hour, in Europe, it is $70 to $150 per hour. The charges for HIPAA compliance are additional, starting from $10k. You need to contact a healthcare app development service for a quote to know the approximate cost.
What are the benefits of working with a healthcare app development company?
Hiring a suitable service has many benefits, such as:
- Improved patient benefits due to faster consultation and access to medical expertise, quicker lab results, affordable rate, and more.
- Minimize inaccuracies resulting in an error-free diagnosis.
- Hassle-free billing methods
- A better approach to managing stocked and available medicine.
- Doctors can track treatment, and healthcare institutions can manage databases expertly, review patient reports, and analyze and maintain proper records.
What technologies are used for healthcare app development?
Some of the important technologies that healthcare apps use effectively include
- Data Science
- Big data
- Augmented reality
- Virtual reality
- Machine learning
- Internet of things
- Blockchain technology
- Cloud computing and more.
Besides the technologies mentioned above, the apps use front-end and back-end programming languages, mobile app development tools like Android, iOS, etc., and more. The technologies ensure the healthcare app is fast, secure, robust, and interoperable.
How long does it take to develop a healthcare app?
The time taken to build a healthcare app relies on aspects such as the features needed, THE design of the app, and the tech experts needed for the process. The time also depends on the company you choose.
Generally, the approximate time needed can range from 5 to 6 months. The time can vary based on the experience, expertise, and features needed.
What type of support do healthcare app development companies provide?
A reputed company offers ongoing support and maintenance after product delivery. The process ensures the seamless operation of the app at all times. As part of the support, companies offer reliable software design and functionality maintenance.
The existing and after-development services are handled efficiently to ascertain effective working conditions. Some support methods include Live chat, an online contact form, and phone numbers.
How can I ensure the security and privacy of my healthcare app?
For proper security and privacy, the following measures will help:
- Ensuring proper encryption
- Use of multifactor authentication
- Compliance with HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act), GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), and HL7 (Health Level 7)
- Conduct security testing to find vulnerabilities, application flaws, and risky end-user behavior.
- Protect the app from phishing attacks and other hacking issues.
By choosing a top healthcare app development company, you can be assured of all the above measures being undertaken for security and privacy.
What platforms do healthcare app development companies typically work on?
A wide range of tools, frameworks, and programming languages are used to build a healthcare app.
React.js is a popular web app development tool, while Laravel is ideal for creating secure and scalable applications. Flutter is used for creating Android, iOS, desktop, and web apps using a single codebase.
The technologies used for various aspects of the healthcare app, like communication, payments, calendar, etc., include and are not limited to Stripe, PayPal, Twilio, Firebase SDK, APNs, GraphQL, and Google Calendar API.