Top 100+ Ruby on Rails companies in 2023
Upside is a full-stack digital agency specialising in digital commerce. We work with market challengers to successfully improve and scale their digital platforms & customer experiences. Our experience includes not only working with fast-growing scale-ups like Yoonema and Deltabadger but also with brands like Samsung and T-Mobile.
For the last 3 years, we launched 70 startups and 20 of them get to profit in a year after MVP launch. It means, that success probability is x95 more than the average number on the market.
As a rule, the majority of startups are reaching development firms to have their app developed. Despite the good stack of technical specialists, Agile methodology is not the best solution for any startup. Each startup needs to save every penny. And that’s why the Lean Startup methodology is the best solution here. We are hiring people with an entrepreneurial set of minds to share their own startup launching experience.
Such an approach allows us to deliver awesome solutions and update ideas in order of generating more profit for the apps.
MLSDev is a mobile and web app development company that provides its services to individuals, startups, and entrepreneurs around the world.
Since 2009 MLSDev has gained rich experience in the field and gladly shares its expertise with all who are interested in app development. The company philosophy and processes are based on lean principles and agile methodologies. MLSDev team helps clients implement their business ideas and create successful products.
Ideamotive provides top tech product teams on-demand, individual software development contractors, and IT consultants. We help startups, scale-ups, and enterprises all over the globe build, grow, and scale digital products. Our wide network of hundreds of tech veterans combines on-site talent, off-site collaborators, and top software houses:
- Software developers for every software projects and every technology,
- UI/UX designers and digital illustrators,
- Business consultants and back-office experts,
- AI & ML developers and Big Data engineers.
SumatoSoft is a software development company that specializes in creating custom software applications tailored specifically to fit your business needs. SumatoSoft focuses on transparent cooperation and excellence of work; therefore, each project begins with a diving into and true understanding of the client's needs.
After years of custom business software development, we thoroughly understand the challenges our customers face. We systemized that knowledge and established accurate and useful business processes of software development that truly deliver value to businesses.
Our talented US-based team of software craftsmen collaborate with our clients to deliver the best custom software solutions
At EL Passion we build digital products for startups, established businesses and corporations worldwide, mainly in the United States and Europe: Germany, Norway, and Sweden. We cooperate with fast-moving companies in Healthtech, Digital Entertainment and Business services industries.
datarockets is a development company consisting of 30 in-house developers working remotely from Canada and Eastern Europe. Founded in 2014, datarockets have developed 40+ high-quality and scalable custom software and applications for startups and medium-sized businesses. Their primary value is honest and transparent cooperation that leads to long-term partnerships. datarockets is much more than just an outsourced development resource; they are a dedicated team of product developers.
Snotor provides a full range of custom software development services, with a focus on web development in FinTech and E-commerce industries. With 14 years of experience and 400+ projects delivered, we have already helped companies across industries conduct their digital shift. Headquartered in Riga, Latvia, we are positioned perfectly to utilize a thriving IT ecosystem, EU ease of doing business and cost-efficient operations.
This Los Angeles based company is not your average web design and marketing company, LiveWebMedia is an avant-garde web and interactive media agency founded in 1998 in Southern California.
EVNE Developers provides a full-cycle development service with dedicated teams in the following areas:
- Custom Software Development (Enterprise Software, Startups Software, Business Software);
- IT Services (Outsourcing);
- Mobile Development;
- Web Development.
Our primary expertise covers the areas of Banking & Financial Services, Education, Retail, and Business Tools.
We are ready to empower your business with our development services - contact us anytime for estimations.
Imaginary Cloud is a Software Development and UX/UI Design company that has helped build and launch more than 300 web & mobile applications worldwide together with industry leading clients such as Nokia, Thermo-Fisher and BNP Paribas.
With more than 10 years of experience, Imaginary Cloud entered the international ranking of the Top 100 Fastest Growing Companies and Top 1000 Global Companies in 2020 by Clutch and then won UK´s Top B2B Company in 2021. Offices in PT, UK and US.
Winner of the European Technology Awards 🇪🇺 for the App Development category!
We believe in high-quality integrated systems that delight users through stunning visuals and a smooth experience 🌟. We aim to find the optimal balance between speed & quality and commit to building products that reach your business goals and can scale by covering all the stages.
Phaedra Solutions is one of the top software development companies which specializes in web development, mobile app development, blockchain, e-commerce, and big data services.
We build smart software and digital products since 2001.
Right Information is a technology partner that helps businesses achieve efficiency through digital transformation. We do this by providing full-cycle software development services from product/solution design up to its implementation and maintenance. While others deliver just resources - We deliver expertise with a high focus on the end result.
Combining data science, algorithms and agile engineering, we stand out by the ability to address complex issues, create the solution and deliver innovation.
Codeshine is a Poland-based company, which creates dedicated web and mobile software for B2B clients from various industries. Since it was founded in 2014, the company is dynamically growing in the area of providing high-quality IT solutions and creating products in cooperation with specialized partners. We belong to one of the largest IT capital groups in Poland: Atende SA.
We are a Toronto-based full-stack web design agency. Since 2011, we have been offering our services to small and mid-size businesses all around the world. We can help you transform your website into a powerful marketing tool.
Very is a fully-distributed IoT engineering firm, partnering with our clients to build systems for smart manufacturing, smart energy & utilities, consumer electronics, and connected wellness.
PurpleFire is a development company with HQ in Denmark but with a team spread out across Europe and offices across the globe such as London, Vancouver & New York.
Techverx is a Custom Software Development company providing services to Startups, Enterprises and Businesses. Founded as a single employee company in 2010, Techverx is now 150 developers strong that has delivered on more than 380 projects to 150+ clients in North America only. Techverx has registered offices in Chapel Hill, NC and Lahore, Pakistan.
Binmile is an enterprise software development company that helps organizations implement their digital journeys at speed. An ISO 9001:2008 & 27001:2013 certified company, strengthened by a unique Global Delivery Model.
We have been a trusted technology partner to businesses, including start-ups, SMBs, and Fortune 500 enterprises. Our services include digital product engineering, software product engineering, Web and Mobile Application Development, Product Development (SaaS), IoT (Internet of Things), test automation, ServiceNow, and Microsoft dynamic 365 services.
CitrusBits is a top-ranked mobile app development agency on Clutch, with +15 years of experience in designing & developing impactful mobile apps & responsive mobile content for businesses.
Our mobile app development strength and breadth of technology expertise have allowed us to deliver game-changing experiences for our clients, ranging from augmented reality development, ecommerce app development, and restaurant mobile ordering to social media as well as mobile healthcare apps.
We know for sure that the process of scaling is always a challenge, therefore we are always in touch with our clients: since the moment of infrastructure audit,
during critical loads and to the successful launch of the project. We are fully responsible for the quality of our work and for that reason our customers trust us.
What do Ruby on Rails developers do?
Ruby on Rails developers use the Ruby on Rails framework to create web applications quickly and efficiently. This is a full-stack framework that uses a Model-View-Controller (MVC) pattern. This pattern divides the application into three distinct parts: the models (data), the views (user interface), and the controllers (logic). The developer is responsible for coding the models, views, and controllers and managing the database.
Ruby on Rails developers must also understand how to interact with web services, APIs, and external databases. They must be familiar with security and authentication and be able to write secure and reliable code. They must also be able to debug code and identify and solve problems quickly. Overall, Ruby on Rails developers must be knowledgeable in front-end and back-end web development and deeply understand the Ruby on Rails framework. They must also be able to collaborate and communicate effectively with other development members.
What Is A Ruby On Rails Development Company?
A Ruby on Rails development company is a software development company that specializes in building web applications using the Ruby on Rails framework. Ruby on Rails (RoR) is an open-source web application framework written in the Ruby programming language. It is used to develop web applications quickly and efficiently.
Ruby on Rails development companies employ experienced software developers specializing in the RoR framework. These developers have extensive knowledge of web technologies. They must also be familiar with security and authentication and be able to write secure and reliable code.
Ruby on Rails development companies can help businesses create web applications quickly and cost-effectively. They can help businesses create websites, web applications, web services, and APIs. They can also help businesses with user experience, user interface design, testing, and deployment. Overall, Ruby on Rails Web Development Companies are a great option for businesses looking to create web applications quickly and cost-effectively.
How many companies use Ruby on Rails?
Thousands of companies worldwide use Ruby on Rails, ranging from small startups to large enterprises. According to BuiltWith, there are over 65,000 websites that use the RoR framework. These websites range from simple blogs to sophisticated web applications. Some of the most well-known companies that use Ruby on Rails include Airbnb, GitHub, Shopify, Hulu, Squarespace, and Twitch. These companies have all used RoR to create their web applications quickly and cost-effectively.
How to find the Best Ruby on Rails Development Company?
- Check their industry experience and portfolio. Make sure they have a track record of successful Ruby on Rails development projects.
- Research their technical capabilities and expertise. Make sure they are well-versed in the latest technologies and frameworks associated with Ruby on Rails development.
- Ask to speak with some of their past and current clients to get an idea of their customer service and communication.
- Read customer reviews and ratings to get an idea of their customer service and satisfaction.
- Compare the cost of their services with other Ruby on Rails development companies to ensure you’re getting the best value.
- Ask about their process for developing and delivering Ruby on Rails projects. Make sure they have a well-defined process for delivering quality results.
Ruby on Rails Development Process: Step by Step
The Ruby on Rails development process typically involves the following steps:
STEP 1: Defining the scope and requirements of the project.
Ruby on Rails is an open-source web application framework that enables developers to quickly and easily create web applications. It is built on the Model-View-Controller programming paradigm and allows developers to create dynamic websites and web services with minimal coding. The scope and requirements of a Ruby on Rails project will vary depending on the type of project and the client's individual requirements. Generally, a project should include the following components:
- A database that stores data and information related to the application. This could include user profiles, blog posts, comments, purchases, etc.
- A web server to host the application.
- The application code itself, which is written in the Ruby programming language.
- A user interface (UI) that allows users to interact with the application. This could include forms, menus, buttons, etc.
- Authentication and authorization systems that allow users to securely log in and access the application.
- Testing and debugging tools that allow developers to quickly identify and fix any issues within the application.
- Documentation that explains how to use the application, including tutorials and reference materials.
Finally, the scope and requirements of any Ruby on Rails project should be communicated between the client and the development team. This will ensure that the project is completed promptly and effectively and that all expectations are met.
STEP 2: Designing the Ruby on Rails Application.
Designing a Ruby on Rails application involves several steps.
The first step is to create a database and configure the models. This involves creating the database tables and writing the code for the models. The models are used to interact with the database and are the foundation of the application.
The third step is to create the controllers, which are the code that tells the application what to do when a user interacts with it. This code should be organized in a way that is easy to understand and use.
Finally, the application should be tested to ensure everything works correctly. This can be done manually or with automated testing tools. By following these steps, you can create a powerful and dynamic Ruby on Rails application that is easy to develop, maintain, and update. With the right design and development practices, it can be used to create powerful web applications.
STEP 3: Developing the Ruby on Rails Application.
Tools and Technologies
Before you can start developing a Ruby on Rails application, you need to install the following tools and technologies:
- Ruby: Ruby is the programming language used to create Ruby on Rails applications. You can install it from the official website.
- Rails: Rails is the web application framework that makes it easier to develop Ruby on Rails applications. You can install it from the official website.
- Database: A database is required to store and manage the data used by the application. You can choose from different databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, or SQLite.
- IDE: You need an IDE to write the code for your application. Popular IDEs include Sublime Text, Atom, and Visual Studio Code.
Setup Development Environment
Once you have installed the necessary tools and technologies, you must set up the development environment. This includes creating a directory for your application, installing the required gems, and setting up the database. To create a directory for your application, open a terminal and navigate to the directory where you want to make the application. Then, run the command “rails new <app_name>”, where <app_name> is the name of your application.
Next, you need to install the necessary gems. This can be done by running the command “bundle install”. This will install all the necessary gems for your application.
Finally, you need to set up the database. This can be done by running the “rake db:create” command. This will create the necessary database tables for your application.
Create a New Rails Application
Now that you have set up the development environment, you can start creating your application. This can be done by running the command “rails generate <generator_name>”. This will generate the necessary files and folders for your application. For example, if you want to generate a controller, you can run the command “rails generate controller <controller_name>”. This will generate a controller file in your application's “app/controllers” folder. Similarly, if you want to generate a model, you can run the command “rails generate model <model_name>”. This will generate a model file in your application's “app/models” folder.
Run the Application
Once you have generated all the necessary files and folders for your application, you can start running it. This can be done by running the command “rails server”. This will start a local server that you can access from your browser. To view your application, open your browser and navigate to “localhost:3000”. This will open up the home page of your application.
Make Changes to the Application
Now that your application is running, you can start making changes to it. This can be done by editing the files and folders generated earlier. For example, if you want to add a new page to your application, you can edit the “routes.rb” file in the “config” folder. This file contains the routes that define how your application responds to different URLs.
STEP 4: Testing and deploying the application.
Before deploying your Ruby on Rails application, it is important to ensure it functions correctly. Testing the application is essential to ensure that the application is free from bugs, errors, and other issues.
You must use various testing tools to test a Ruby on Rails application. Unit testing is the most common type of testing used in Ruby on Rails applications. This type of testing focuses on the individual units of code within the application, such as models, controllers, and views. Other types of testing include integration testing, system testing, and acceptance testing.
Deploying a Ruby on Rails Application
Once your application is thoroughly tested and ready for deployment, you must choose a hosting provider and a deployment platform. Popular hosting providers for Ruby on Rails applications include Heroku, AWS, DigitalOcean, and Google Cloud Platform.
Once you have chosen a hosting provider, you can begin the deployment process. First, you will need to set up a production environment, which involves configuring the server, installing all the necessary software, and setting up the database. Once the environment is set up, you must deploy the application.
The most common way to deploy a Ruby on Rails application is with a deployment tool such as Capistrano. This tool automates the deployment process, making it much easier and faster. Once you have completed the deployment process, you must ensure that the application functions properly. You can do this by running tests on the application, monitoring the application’s performance, and ensuring that all security measures are in place.
STEP 5: Monitoring and maintaining the application.
Maintaining a Ruby on Rails application can seem overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be. By taking the time to proactively identify and address issues in your application, you can streamline the process and enjoy a smoother, more reliable experience. Here are some steps to ensure your Ruby on Rails application is running smoothly:
- Update your Ruby on Rails version. Keeping your application up-to-date is one of the most important steps when it comes to maintaining a Ruby on Rails application. Regularly checking for new versions and updates is a must, as newer versions tend to offer improved security and better performance.
- Monitor your application performance. Monitor your application for potential errors and slow response times by watching for CPU usage, memory consumption, system resources, and other factors. Pay particular attention to user experience and see if there are any areas you can improve to improve performance.
- Perform regular application security reviews. Security should be at the top of your priority list when it comes to maintaining a Ruby on Rails application. Make sure to audit your application for any potential security vulnerabilities by regularly checking for potentially harmful code or unpatched vulnerabilities.
- Test your application frequently. Testing is essential when it comes to keeping your application running smoothly. Regularly check for errors and user experience issues by using automated testing techniques. This will help you catch any problems before they become serious issues.
- Design and deploy with scalability in mind. Design your application with scalability in mind right from the start. A well-designed Ruby on Rails application can easily grow when needed and handle increased traffic without having to be completely reworked.
Following these steps allows you to keep your Ruby on Rails application running smoothly while helping identify and address any potential issues. By keeping your development and maintenance efforts up-to-date, you can be confident that your Ruby on Rails application will provide you with the performance and reliability you need.
How much do Ruby on Rails Development Companies charge?
Ruby on Rails development companies typically charge their clients an hourly rate for their services. Rates vary based on the complexity of the project, the company’s experience, and the client's geographic location. Generally, rates range from $30 to $250 per hour. Some companies may charge a fixed or project-based rate for larger projects.
When selecting a Ruby on Rails Development Company, it is important to consider their experience and portfolio, technical capabilities, customer service, and pricing. By doing your due diligence, you can ensure you get the best value for your money.
5 Factors affecting the Cost of Ruby on Rails Development
- The complexity of the Project: The complexity of a project is one of the biggest factors affecting the cost of Ruby on Rails development. More complex projects require more resources, time, and expertise, so they tend to be more expensive.
- Experience and Expertise of the Development Team: The experience and expertise of the development team can also affect the cost of Ruby on Rails development. Experienced developers who have worked on similar projects can often deliver projects more quickly and efficiently, resulting in lower costs.
- Technologies Used: The technologies used in a Ruby on Rails project can also affect the cost. Certain technologies may be more complicated to implement or may require additional resources, resulting in higher costs.
- Geographic Location: The geographic location of the development team can also affect the cost. Companies in different countries may charge different rates based on their local economies.
- Size and Scope of the Project: The size and scope of a project can influence the cost of Ruby on Rails development. Smaller projects may require fewer resources, while larger projects may require more resources, resulting in higher costs.
Five useful Tips to Hire a Ruby on Rails Development Company
#Tip 1: Investigate the RoR Company portfolio
Before hiring a Ruby on Rails development company, you should examine their portfolio and their past work. This will give you an idea of the quality of their work and the type of projects they have worked on.
#Tip 2: Ask for references
Ask the Ruby on Rails development company for references and contact them to find out more about the company’s work. This will give you a better idea of the company’s experience and success rate.
#Tip 3: Check RoR Company customer service
It’s important to check the customer service of the Ruby on Rails Web Development Company. Make sure that the RoR company is responsive, professional and willing to address any concerns you may have during the development process.
#Tip 4: Inquire about RoR Company's experience
Inquire about the company’s experience with Ruby on Rails development. Ask them how long they have been working with the RoR technology, what projects they have completed, and what challenges they have faced.
#Tip 5: Ask for a timeline
Make sure that the RoR development company can provide you with a timeline for the project. This will help you plan your project and keep it on track.
How do Techreviewer.co can help you to find Top Ruby on Rails Developers?
Techreviewer.co can help you find Best Ruby on Rails developers by providing reviews and ratings of developers based on their past work and experience. The reviews are based on criteria such as coding style, problem-solving ability, communication, and the ability to deliver projects on time. Moreover, the website allows you to easily compare developers, read their portfolios, and view their work histories. All this information will help you decide which Ruby on Rails development company best fits your project.
18 Questions to Ask When Hiring Ruby on Rails Development Firms
- What experience do you have developing Ruby on Rails applications?
- How does your team approach debugging and problem-solving?
- Do you have a standard workflow for developing Ruby on Rails applications?
- How would you go about scaling a Ruby on Rails application?
- How do you ensure the quality and reliability of your code?
- What processes do you have to ensure project deadlines are met?
- How do you ensure that your code is secure and compliant?
- Do you have experience implementing third-party APIs and services?
- How do you ensure compatibility with different browsers and devices?
- Do you have experience deploying applications to production environments?
- How do you ensure that your applications perform optimally?
- Do you offer support and maintenance services for Ruby on Rails projects?
- Do you provide continuous integration and delivery services?
- What methods do you use to test applications?
- Do you have experience using automated testing tools?
- What programming languages and databases are you familiar with?
- Do you have experience using version control systems?
- How do you keep up with the latest Ruby on Rails development trends?
How long does a Ruby on Rails Development Company take to build a website?
Building a website with Ruby on Rails usually requires a team of experienced developers. The amount of time needed to complete the project can depend on the complexity of the project as well as the expertise of the development team. The average time to build the application is usually 2-4 months for smaller to mid-sized applications. For more complex applications, the development timeline can be as long as 9-18 months. Additionally, the number of developers working on the project and any additional features can also influence the time it takes to complete the project. You can ensure that your application is built correctly and on time by consulting with a skilled Ruby on Rails development company.
What are the different types of development services offered by a Ruby on Rails Development Company?
- Web application development: This involves creating web-based applications within the Ruby on Rails framework that can be used for web development or to provide specific services.
- Mobile application development: Ruby on Rails can be used to create both iOS and Android mobile applications, allowing users to access their data from anywhere, anytime.
- API development: This service develops APIs for third-party application integrations, allowing data synchronization and communication across different applications.
- E-commerce development: Ruby on Rails can help power e-commerce websites by implementing innovative features that improve user satisfaction and streamline transactions.
- Database creation and integration: This service involves creating and connecting various databases, like MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB and Oracle, to the Ruby on Rails application.
- Content management system development: This service helps to create, manage and publish content on the web using Ruby on Rails.
- Maintenance and support: After the complete development process, companies will offer maintenance and support services to ensure the Ruby on Rails application runs smoothly and consistently.
How do I hire the Top Ruby on Rails website developers?
- Start by searching online for freelance Ruby on Rails website developers. Many developers will have portfolios of their work that you can review.
- Ask for recommendations from other Ruby on Rails developers. You can find them through online forums, LinkedIn, and other networks.
- Contact Ruby on Rails development companies. They usually have a team of experienced developers who can provide you with the best solution.
- Check out job boards and recruitment websites like Indeed, Monster, and Glassdoor.
- Use a freelancer platform like Upwork, Toptal, or Freelancer. Here you can search for Ruby on Rails developers specializing in website development.
- Ask colleagues, friends, and family if they know anyone who might be a good fit for the job.
What Qualities Should a Ruby on Rails Website Development Company have?
- Experienced and Skilled Developers: A good Ruby on Rails development company should have an experienced and knowledgeable team of developers who are well-versed in the Ruby on Rails framework.
- Clear Understanding of Business Requirements: A good Ruby on Rails development company should clearly understand a project's business requirements and develop a solution that meets those needs.
- Ability to Deliver Quality Work within Time Frame: A good Ruby on Rails development company should be able to deliver quality work within the specified time frame.
- Flexibility to Handle Changes: A good Ruby on Rails development company should be flexible enough to handle requirements changes and quickly and efficiently deliver the changes.
- Quality Assurance and Testing: A good Ruby on Rails development company should have a process to ensure that the code is of the highest quality and thoroughly tested before deployment.
- Cost-effectiveness: A good Ruby on Rails development company should be cost-effective, offering competitive pricing and quality services.
What is the Difference Between Ruby and Ruby on Rails?
It is important to note that Ruby and Ruby on Rails are not the same things. Ruby can be viewed as the “parent” programming language. It is technically a scripting language that focuses on an object-oriented programming style. The language was developed in the 1990s by a developer known as Yukihiro Matsumoto. It is also important to note that Ruby itself was developed in the popular C programming language. It is possible to use Ruby apps on Windows, Linux, and macOS.
Ruby on Rails is not an entirely new programming language by itself. Instead, it was developed to serve as a framework for web applications. The framework is based and built on top of Ruby, and it largely depends on the presence of Ruby library files to function correctly.
The architecture used in Ruby on Rails applications is quite similar to those found in web development. David Heinemeier Hansson developed Ruby on Rails, which he released to the public as an open-source framework in 2005. A popular reason why developers prefer Ruby on Rails is due to the DRY approach. This means code can be efficiently reused in multiple parts of a web application.
Why Hire a Ruby Development Company?
Ruby on Rails is currently considered one of the most used programming languages. It has been around for over a decade and continues to be a popular framework for big and small projects. Some of the largest digital companies, such as Shopify and AirBNB, use Ruby on Rails as the framework behind their web apps.
For a business owner, learning to code in Ruby on Rails, developing a project, and managing a company at the same time may be impossible. By hiring a development company, a business gains these advantages:
- The company already has expertise and experience with the framework. They can help guide a project to be more successful, based on the experience accumulated over the years.
- Development turnaround time is much faster, compared to a business owner learning the language and developing the web app themselves.
- Since Ruby on Rails is an open source language, a company can work with a developer to create a more cost-effective solution. The development costs will be lower compared to utilizing a paid framework.
- Since the company likely worked with other businesses in a specific industry previously, they already know what type of solutions in a Ruby on Rail web app works most effectively. This can give you a competitive advantage.
What Companies Use Ruby on Rails?
There are actually a large number of companies in different industries that rely on Ruby on Rails. In fact, a large number of people have used at least one platform that uses Ruby on Rails in the past.
Two of the biggest eCommerce platforms that use Ruby on Rails include Shopify and Gumroad. There are also crowdfunding systems that use this framework. Kickstarter, one of the world’s most popular crowdfunding platforms, is built on the Ruby on Rails framework. In addition to Kickstarter, AngelList and Indiegogo also use this web app framework.
Many platforms that focus on software management and development also use Ruby on Rails. Examples of these include:
Apart from these, there are a number of networking systems, as well as educational platforms, that should be noted too. Dribble, a very popular portfolio sharing platform, as well as Treehouse, Codecademy, and Exercism.io all run on applications that are built on this framework.
Other companies that rely on Ruby on Rails include:
This is a limited list of large companies using this framework. There are, of course, more websites and platforms out there that take advantage of Ruby on Rails.
How do I hire a Ruby on Rails developer?
There are practically three main models to hire Ruby on Rails developers and you can select the right one based on your budget, business goals and preferences.
- In-House. Employees performing in the same location, space and time zone tend to work and communicate better without any outside distractions. In-house Ruby on Rails developers become integral part of the team and work honestly.
- Freelance. This remote hiring process is cost effective as compared to in-house. You can hire remote talent of Ruby on Rails developers on a fixed rate or per hour. This model is ideal for short-term projects or particular small tasks that your team cannot perform for some reason. Freelancing sites such as freelancer, upwork, toptal, fiverr consist of a large pool of RoR talent that you can approach.
- Staff Augmentation. Hiring in-house team for a short time period refers to IT staff augmentation. Working with a staffing agency gives an extra measure of dependability and security. In addition to handling all the paperwork and legal proceedings, your staff augmentation partner will guarantee the performance you have agreed upon.
Skills to look for in Ruby on Rails developers/Companies
Besides experience, a ruby on rails company or provider must possess soft and technical skills. Look for these three factors while evaluating the right Ruby on Rails company for your business.
- Technical Skills: To smoothly work on multiple projects, an ideal Ruby on Rails company or developer itself must have expertise in core technology, OOP, libraries, project management tools, waterfall model, agile methodology.
- Soft Skills: Some soft qualities are a must-have, including communication, ownership, teamwork, time management, and attention to details. RoR developers must have stamina to work under pressure during all development stages.
- Experience: Developers or Ruby on Rails companies with 4 to 5 years of experience are suitable enough to manage development of complete applications along with handling version updates.
Is Ruby on Rails still in demand?
Ruby on Rails has been used to create 380,996 websites worldwide as of March 2021. The fact cannot be denied that the process of developing applications on RoR becomes more complicated and demands additional capabilities. Moreover, the emergence of fresh frameworks with innovative features and their swift acceptance lend credence to the notion that RoR demand is dying.
Is Airbnb still using Ruby on Rails?
Is Ruby on Rails declining?
It is true that the demand for Ruby on Rails companies/developers has been declining for the past few years because of the introduction of their competitive web development frameworks in the market such as Laravel and Django. The fact that RoR can be challenging to learn because of its complex framework, is another factor in its declining popularity. Moreover, Rails does not support the ever-increasing trend of WebSockets. Although tech giants like GitHub still use RoR framework, its popularity is in fact declining with time.