App Marketing 101: The Essential Guide
Mobile applications have revolutionized business development for more than a decade. Realizing the advantages offered by such applications, choosing a right vendor among top mobile app development companies and an intensive and a well thought app marketing strategy can help boost your visibility and revenue generation.
Importance Of Mobile Application Marketing Strategy
Mobile is a device which has fairly penetrated the human population in its most useful form i.e. smartphone such that most of the people are using it across the world. The smartphone is a portable device that supports multimedia and can work magic with the help of internet connectivity which is also being enhanced rapidly. Hence, developing applications and subsequently working on a favorable mobile application marketing strategy becomes more pertinent because of the following reasons:
• Attracting a bigger audience and getting them convinced for installing and using the application.
• Retaining the existing users with enhanced support and services along with meticulous support.
• Happy users are also increasing the user base for the application.
Types Of App Marketing Strategies
Each business is unique with a distinct set of competitive advantages over the other. However, the competition becomes fierce if two or more business enterprises tend to offer very similar products and services such that the audience is left with a very limited judging criterion. It is here that the enterprises can capitalize upon some of the best app marketing strategies as discussed below under three major stages.
Stage-1: Before Installation
When a business is pretty new, for it to progress and prosper, an enterprise’s leadership should take necessary steps towards the promotion and installation of the mobile application by the new set of audience. Following tactics can work best-
• Social media- A lot of people are actively using multiple media channels nowadays. Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Twitter, WhatsApp, Telegram, Snapchat, etc. Hence, creating a page related to the application and posting meaningful yet attractive content can capture the viewer’s attention. To increase the reach, one can also opt for paid app promotion services if the app is pretty new.
• Website- Having a website developed uniquely so as to support and detail the content related to products and services offered by the mobile application helps to build trust in the audience. It makes it easier for them to choose the best from a set of similar mobile applications.
• Public Relations Services- PR services can be very rewarding if they have a rich experience in the demand and supply of similar products and services as that of the application under discussion. They can suggest and also offer some apt app promotion services to increase the application’s popularity.
• App Store Optimization- Getting acquainted with the rules of increasing the ranking of listing the application on top of the others can be highly effective. Developing applications based on such app store optimization tips as mentioned by different app stores such as Google Play Store can prompt the new user to choose your app as it will appear first right on top of the search screen.
Stage 2: With Existing User Base
Keeping the users happy with the application they have been either used to or are new to is of prime importance. This can be done by opting for any of the following strategies-
• Push Notification- Supporting push notification (real-time) feature with reasonable content along with an app’s logo increases the user to rely more heavily on the application such that the user starts developing a liking for the offered services.
• In-App Messages- Providing real-time updates when the user is logged into the application increases the effectiveness and efficiency of the application.
• Personalization- Since the mobile applications are used personally by an individual with unique preferences hence, one of the best mobile app marketing tips is personalization i.e., offering services and contents based on the user’s preferences with the help of Artificial Intelligence (AI).
Stage 3: User Retention
User retention is not only about keeping the existing users happy but is also about attracting new users with the support of existing customers or users without jeopardizing or compromising the interests of either party. Thus, the following actions can be highly fruitful-
• Incentivizing- Giving discounts or incentives for each successful conversion of a referral to the existing users.
• App cross-promotion- Promoting the application on different mobile and desktop applications.
• Feedback & Support- Perpetual support and enhanced services based on regular feedback can help increase the popularity of the application.
Thus, it is evident that any of the above strategies can be used undoubtedly and effectively in any of the other stages as well. Mobile applications have become an indispensable part of any enterprise that involves multiple stakeholders for the provision of both products and services.