How to Build a Real Estate Mobile App in 2023
The mobile app market keeps developing and expanding its influence. As of July 2023, the Apple App Store offered more than three and eight million non-gaming services. Although the number of available and accessible products in the Google Play Store isn't at its peak, it's still mind-blowing — over two and a half million solutions. The online medium has become a perfect environment to reach target audiences while increasing a brand's visibility, accessibility, and profitability. So more and more industries benefit from contemporary innovations in the field. The real estate market operates similarly.
People commonly underestimate the importance of real estate mobile app development and the presented opportunities. Just a few decades ago, interested parties used to rely on newspaper advertisements and word-of-mouth to find the best property to buy. Thanks to modern top cross-platform app development companies, which make launching such projects online possible, clients can enjoy a more convenient and seamless way to look for the desired accommodation. However, in order to rank among the best and achieve your goals, your software has to be of a high performance and functionality caliber, catering to customers' demands.
Eager to know how to engage in real estate app development? You have come to the right place. Keep reading this article for a deeper insight into this process and its requirements. Onwards!
Understanding the Real Estate Mobile App Development Concept
You can choose one of the two widespread options to advance your real estate mobile app development strategy – either to work with reliable cross-platform app developers or create software with a pre-made template on specialized website builders. No matter what you consider, the ideal tactic to get started is a so-called discovery phase.
In a nutshell, carrying it out means identifying the most efficient and appropriate means of the idea realization. Apart from project analysis, it is necessary to consider the target requirements and potential challenges to face and cope with.
Must-Have Features of a Prosperous Real Estate Mobile App
This project has to result in a user-friendly, customizable, and convenient solution. But your first step doesn't have to be complex – there are basic yet obligatory functions and services to include to back up the sufficiency of the chosen real estate mobile app development tactic:
- Search tools and easy-to-access property profiles – the speed of performance is important. So you have to take care of the inner architecture of the app, along with how profound its in-built search engine is. Another aspect of improving user experience is adding informative property profiles and letting customers sort out their year of construction, location, and similar details.
- Location-based tools and map integration – with Google Maps and other third-party integrations, you ensure the target audience has access to a huge database of real property offers in an instant and can immediately check the neighborhood and other specifications of the region.
- Personalization and security – of course, you should design an app promoting custom user profile changes and settings. This will boost user experience. The same goes for premium-class data protection methods. Your task is to take the safety of personal information to the next level, and here two-factor authentication shines.
- In-app communication tools – prospective buyers typically have numerous inquiries to solve here and now. Therefore, it is crucial to present reliable and divergent communication channels to create solid connections between purchasers, property sellers, and brokers.
- Advanced notification system – don't forget to add notification tools. The latter will keep your audience aware of the latest changes in the market and deals they find appealing. Such push notifications might tell more about significant events you offer or data relating to new properties, services, pricing policies, etc. In this case, you can go for AI-driven real estate app development instruments to customize the chosen set of push messages.
Determining the Target Audience
If you fail to understand whose interests you have to pursue through your real estate application, your project won't be successful. Such software falls typically falls under one of the categories below, depending on your business objectives and range of services:
- Apps for investing;
- Information and guidance resources for real estate agents and brokers;
- Management app for navigating and operating property in Indiana, Kansas, Pennsylvania, or any other target city and state within the USA;
- Property evaluation software;
- App for renting or purchasing homes.
Pointing out the target audience is a sufficient strategy to define what project scope to decide on. While a high-end user and admin panel will complement your creation, specific features like mortgage calculators will be a surplus for renting-oriented solutions regardless of the purpose. Implementing any tools and services is predetermined by your acknowledgment of the market field you want to enter and its demands:
- Prospective homebuyers, sellers, renters – in this case, real estate mobile app development has to offer advanced search tools and the tool to compare different offers and their prices.
- Real estate agents and brokers – aside from keeping the app's interface clean and concise, it is a good idea to diversify account settings to highlight a brief summary of every professional and their career ladder, including their service region and the number of homes they sold.
Planning and Designing the Mobile App
It isn't enough to have a great idea – digging into a result-bringing and cost-efficient strategy to establish a thriving product is a must when it comes to real estate mobile app development. Understanding your audience defines the goals of the software, but that's not it. Stay tuned to create a beneficial business plan.
Competitive Analysis and In-Depth Market Research
When you take your first steps in the real estate industry, you must realize what laws and norms to comply with. The market volume in the USA is anticipated to reach over US$142 trillion by 2028, with an expected growth rate of 4.7% per year. The more you compare and analyze, the higher the chance to win the target audience's favor. By examining what popular apps offer in terms of efficiency, customization, and current trends, you will find distinctive points that will sell your product to customers.
Let's be more precise. The use of machine learning and AI tools will let you create a dynamic real estate environment for any engaged member. For instance, it can help create personalized ratings of properties that correspond with the user profile's journey within the app. In turn, 5G support will enable your software to process large amounts of data quicker and easier. With AR and VR tools, on the contrary, real estate apps can present more customer-oriented and realistic walkthroughs – without the need for a resident in Ohio to visit a property in Alaska before decision-making.
Outlining the Features and Criteria for the Best Real Estate App
Without a doubt, real estate app development services might significantly alter your business's prosperity and expansion structure in the USA, regardless of the state. If you run such a company, one of the essential production stages will be defining what functionalities and requirements your app will have to satisfy prospective users. Advanced search, property navigation, and category filters should be on the list of prioritized features.
You can begin by creating a so-called MVP to test your audience's feedback. This first version of the software isn't a full-service one — it's just a prototype. Nevertheless, it lets you represent your idea to users and investors, as well as gain more real-time insights into how the market works. This strategy also allows interested parties to prepare more successful wireframes and mockups for their program.
Choosing the Appropriate Technology Stack
It all comes down to native and cross-platform real estate app development. Targeting any or a particular operating system requires different investment capacities and presents distinctive benefits and drawbacks. With the appliance of tools like AppCode for iOS and IntelliJ IDEA for Android solutions, this approach delivers more high-end quality UX, enhanced security standards, and overall better performance. On the contrary, it is a more investment-demanding way that may delay the final product's launch.
When it comes to cross-platform solutions like Flutter and React Native, they produce software that is simpler to maintain at a cheaper cost. At the same time, this process is faster to finalize and release the final version of the real estate app. You should be ready for more complex integrations, demanding mobile optimization schemes, and less flexible performance frames. It is necessary to understand what development costs, security, pre-deployment time, and performance norms you can afford To make the right decision.
Step-by-Step Real Estate Mobile App Development
Given this industry's thriving yet competitive, it is a must to learn more about the essential stages of creating and releasing a real estate app for iOS and Android operating systems. The project's success is largely predetermined by your effort in the pre-launch phase of development.
Assembling the Development Team
Choosing between in-house and outsourced experts depends on your real estate mobile app development strategy and capacity. Both methods come with their distinctive features, so taking a closer look will make things clearer:
- With in-house teams, you can handle the process more efficiently. Although it requires more investments to cover the costs of training, salaries, and other benefits for hired specialists, the crew's motivation to present high-end results is incomparable.
- In the case of outsourced developers, it might be easier to find specialists with unique expertise. It proves to be more budget-friendly when done correctly. On the contrary, you might end up babysitting such a team for it to produce the right quality of the final app.
No matter what option you consider, it is better to hire different kinds of professionals to cope with the assigned task and related responsibilities. On average, real estate mobile app development requires the effort of project managers, designers, developers, and testers.
Implementing the Real Estate Mobile App Development Process
Once you hire the dream team to realize your real estate app idea, it is high time to ensure its healthy lifecycle. One of the ways is to go for the agile development methodology. It is a tested method to promote continuous crew evolution and collaboration in plain English by dividing the overall app creation process into separate stages. This way, tracking and recording app development milestones and succeeding in pre-release and post-launch activities will be simpler.
Quality Assurance and Testing
To cut a long story short, this stage amounts to what proactive measures you take to guarantee real estate mobile app development success. It means ensuring your end-user satisfaction thanks to the top-notch experience with your extraordinary solution:
- Functional testing – simply put, this method helps you identify whether there are any issues with how your app operates. It runs different case scenarios to see whether the product's responses lie within the expected frames and meet the original specifications.
- User acceptance testing – this suite of checks is a phase responsible for defining how well the target app copes with catering to end users' demands and expectations. Also known as beta testing, it is conducted by a prospective customer group or professionals to estimate the overall efficacy of the software's design and functionality.
- Security, performance, and compatibility testing – thanks to these checks, companies can get peace of mind about how their app works across various operating systems, databases, browsers, etc., with the best measures against cyberspace threats.
Launching and Marketing the Mobile App
It is obviously difficult to stand out among the competitors, especially more seasoned ones. That's why your real estate mobile app development approach must be based on the most effective marketing strategies. Here is how even novice market participants can refine their operational approach from short-term and long-term perspectives while staying on top of industry changes.
That's when you decide on ways to improve product visibility and brand awareness. With the help of beta testing, it is simpler to check what potential customers might think about the solution. It is always more efficient and cheaper to cope with issues before the launch itself – it will let you leave the best first impression possible.
On the one hand, companies can hire professional testers and ask them to review their soon-to-be-released product. On the other hand, that can be a so-called user persona. By establishing a fictitious profile of the target user, you place yourself in their shoes and analyze the right things and wrongdoings of your real estate app. The insights you are going to obtain are perfect for coordinating your business, app design, and marketing preferences and decision.
Once you are ready to launch your mobile solution, take a closer look at how to submit it to the chosen store. Each has its special requirements and configurations to follow, so getting acquainted with them in advance will level up your profile.
Promotion and Marketing Tactics
Given such an intense degree of competition in the market, leaving your real estate mobile app development process and results as they are won't magically help your solution be viral and popular. Let's consider the sufficient methods to draw more attention to your creation among target audiences:
- With paid promotional campaigns, companies gain a powerful tool to enhance in-app traffic with relevant users. In turn, the higher number of conversions increases your return on investment, letting more customers get to know about your offers.
- Considering how much time people spend on the internet, it would be a mistake to overlook the influence of social media stars. This marketing plan succeeds when you correctly identify celebrities with related target audiences. You should analyze the demographics, age, and other characteristics of the prospective partner's fanbase.
- Although your app is meant for mobile devices, it doesn't mean you can afford to neglect how modern search engines work. Thanks to adapting your creation through SEO techniques, you enhance the overall visibility and credibility of your solution in search engine results pages. SEO also shows off its efficiency in helping your software get a higher rank in the list of real estate programs in the chosen app store.
- Aside from traditional SEO means, there are App Store Optimization techniques. Along with content marketing strategies, this attention to detail will have a crucial impact on user retention and engagement. It is important to keep track of ASO metrics to get the desired outcome.
Post-Launch App Maintenance and Growth
Why do mobile applications amass unfavorable and criticizing customer feedback in the store? The answer is pretty straightforward – lots of companies stop taking care of real estate mobile app development right after their product is officially launched. However, it is a highway to throwing your investment in the trash can.
The rule of thumb is simple – the more end users see negative reviews about your product, the higher the probability it is going to be abandoned. Therefore, fixing technical bugs and glitches has to be a routine assignment. To spot issues early and provide successful troubleshooting in a timely manner, feel free to go for up-market analytics solutions and in-app surveys. This tactic will pay it off, predetermining your advanced knowledge of user behavior and important insights into implementing new features and enhancements in the original functionality pack.
The next approach is to pay attention to modern retention strategies and methods to improve user engagement rates:
- Thanks to mapping the customer journey within the app, it is easier to figure out what personalized content will contribute to the efficiency of the real estate software.
- Don't forget about rewarding your audience for using your app. The list commonly includes special titles for the most active supporters.
- You can implement a VIP policy with new prizes for reaching another milestone. In-app promotions about special events won't be extra as well.
All things considered, real estate mobile app development takes a lot of organizational effort and preparation to result in a multifunctional and efficient solution for both the creator and potential users. This system's flexibility and versatility should be updatable enough to deal with heavy load – hundreds of registered members and tons of data.
To streamline the process, you have to conduct discovery research. It will help you understand how your resources and plans match. With an awareness of your target audience's needs and market trends, you can develop the desired type of software – professional cross-platform app developers will come in handy to execute your theoretical plan in practice. Last but not least important, you should always keep an eye on your app's users and scale your mobile application accordingly – it is a must to gain momentum and don't waste your effort in the long run.