7 Practical Uses of AI in Web Development (With Examples)
“Artificial intelligence is the science of making machines do things that would require intelligence if done by humans”. – John McCarthy, an American computer scientist and mathematician who is a pioneer in artificial intelligence.
Technology has evolved in leaps and bounds in the past few years. Artificial Intelligence (AI) is a revolutionary technology that has impacted many industries, including web development. It has shown tremendous growth with a value of 100 billion USD, and is expected to increase to two trillion USD by 2030. Before AI, web development required plenty of effort and time, especially in the coding and testing phases.
AI uses advanced algorithms and analytic tools to ensure websites are attractive, functional, and user-friendly. Next to web development, AI is found to be the most sought-after skill by top web developers. Top web development companies now use AI to ensure outstanding user experience and accessibility. With AI, an interactive, personalized, and engaging digital experience is possible in web development.
This article will help web development companies and users to learn about the various practical uses of AI in web development. It provides a concise and effective description of the important uses that AI can provide for web developers.
Web development with AI: 7 Practical uses
Web development can make great strides in the future when it pairs with AI. Top mobile development, web design, and other software companies can achieve many practical uses in web development with AI tools. Here are seven practical uses of AI in web development that can positively impact on the business outcome.
Practical use #1: Make coding efficient
One of the important functions of artificial intelligence is automation, which can be used advantageously in coding. AI can
- Generate working code quickly
- Reduce the time and effort needed to complete the coding
- Developers can prototype fast and complete repetitive work resulting in quicker and more efficient software development.
- Code reviews and identifying improvements in code
- Facilitate knowledge transfer and reduce the learning curve for beginners.
Examples of web development with AI coding tools
- ChatGPT: ChatGPT can summarize information and provide best practices, requirements, and specifications in an ordered way. It can provide insightful suggestions and help in developing a customized development roadmap. It also helps in QA testing and generate code snippets from the conversational prompt.
- Copilot by Github: Helps in faster and more efficient coding. It can turn prompts into code, generate code snippets, speed up test generation, and help navigate unfamiliar frameworks or libraries.
Practical use #2: Improve user experience
For successful web development, great user experience is vital. Easy navigation, faster loading, relevant content, design, etc., help in a good user experience. AI can improve User Experience (UX) in the following ways:
Chatbots using AI can provide good user interaction. They respond to queries quickly, guide visitors through a site, and assist with transactions. For chatbot creation and implementation, top developers use platforms like IBM Watson, Microsoft Bot Framework, and Hubspot.
Example of AI chatbots
It is a fully managed AI service using advanced natural language models. It designs, creates, tests, and deploys conversational interfaces in applications. This automated chatbot designer helps create an initial bot design that can be defined and launched efficiently.
2. Virtual Assistants
Also known as an AI assistant, the virtual assistant understands natural language voice commands and helps in completing user tasks like reading text-aloud dictation, placing phone calls, reminding users about appointments, and more.
Example of Virtual Assistants
Siri is an integrated voice-controlled virtual assistant available for users of Apple devices like iPad OS, iOS, macOS, watch OS, etc. Siri uses AI-powered voice recognition technology.
3. Accessibility tools
AI accessibility tools can evaluate a website and recommend changes that enhance accessibility for users with disabilities.
Example of an accessibility tool
This open-source AI tool helps improve web page quality. It audits the performance, SEO, and more besides accessibility.
4. Feedback for improving UX
AI tools are capable of testing user experience and evaluating their interaction with a site. From the feedback provided UX can be enhanced.
User Testing provides high-quality feedback quickly. It provides test capabilities like live interviews, usability testing, card sorting, brand testing, and more.
5. Predictive UX
Artificial Intelligence can help predict user behavior and create a user experience that supports the anticipated actions.
It is an AI tool that helps validate design concepts and enable optimized performance using predictive analytics. It offers attention reports and design comparisons, enabling one to launch a digital product successfully.
Practical use #3: SEO with AI: Make your business visible to your target customers
Without a high ranking in search engines, businesses remain invisible to target customers. By using AI, businesses can power their SEO campaigns to outrank their competition. Web development with AI tools for SEO can ensure all the tedious work needed can be done quickly and efficiently.
Additionally, AI can perform analysis of vast amounts of data and give valuable insights. The automation of various optimization processes saves time and resources for businesses.
How web development with AI SEO tools benefit businesses
Some of the AI-powered tasks in SEO that can help businesses achieve organic search engine optimization are
- AI SEO tools allow the automatic generation of the target keyword list by entering a content topic. The tools use machine learning to collect, analyze, and compile data. A user needs to just pick the relevant keywords to include in the content.
- The AI tools enable efficient internal linking ensuring robust link-building resulting in search engine crawlers discovering content quickly. Effective backlinks help improve the authority of the site and its crawlability, ensuring high ranking.
- Artificial intelligence tools help ensure content quality, such as the length, coverage of the topic, and readability.
- Help in adhering to search engine algorithms.
- Assess competitors’ content and SEO strategies and exploit their weaknesses to enhance website ranking.
Examples of SEO AI tools
This is a beginner-friendly AI SEO tool that takes care of keyword generation and clustering using natural language processing. The tool costs $49 per month or $550 per year.
- The tool can analyze competitor content to provide ideal content ideas.
- It uses machine learning algorithms to identify and organize keywords’ search intent from SERPs.
This AI-powered SEO tool is ideal for creating optimized on-page and off-page strategies. It works on keywords, backlinks, search traffic, competitors, and analysis of social media performance. It costs $39.20 per month.
- Monitor page changes in website content and that of competitors for SEO performance analysis
- Enable viewing the critical performance of a website using metrics like crawled pages, health scores, core web vitals, and more.
- Check whether the website of a business is properly indexed.
Practical use #4: AI-powered Prototyping
AI-powered prototyping helps developers focus on the key features of a design enabling a faster product to market. In web development with AI rapid prototyping, the process is faster and more user-focused. Greater accuracy and efficient design are possible. Many tasks needed to create a prototype are taken care of efficiently using AI-powered prototyping like
- Generating layout options
- Creating interactive elements
- Testing design usability
In prototyping with AI, designers can save time and effort. For instance, different layout options for an app or website can be created. The designer needs to just choose the most effective of layouts and add interactive elements.
Unlike the regular prototyping tools that feature bells and whistles, the Balsamiq wireframe reproduces the traditional notepad or whiteboard sketching experience on a computer. Designers can focus on content instead of colors.
- Several in-built and community-generated user interface controls and icons.
- Easy to assemble various elements and implement them.
- Use images or interactive PDFs for presenting wireframes.
- Speedy wireframes via keyboard shortcuts and Quick Add feature.
Figma helps in creating realistic prototypes that enable quick iteration on states and flows. The online prototyping tools ensure high fidelity and do not require code.
- Defines a wide range of interactions like clicking, scrolling, while hovering, and more.
- Enables switching between variants.
- Helps iterate end-to-end user experience without leaving the canvas.
- It helps in the automatic animation of similar objects, creating detailed transitions from parallax scrolling to touch gestures.
Practical use #5: Security
Cybersecurity is a crucial part of web development as robust security ensures the website is free of security breaches and hacks. Artificial intelligence can perform in-depth analysis of the data of a website.
AI can identify unusual patterns that may be due to a security breach. Faults in coding that cause vulnerability that hackers can exploit. AI helps identify such faults effectively. In web development with AI, there are a variety of tools that can help in bolstering security.
CrowdStrike for Detecting security threats
CrowdStrike uses a detection system called UEBA (User and Entity Behavior Analytics). The tool helps to track all activities, characterizes user behavior, monitors all system operations, and creates consistent activity baselines.
- Uses NGAV (Next Generation AntiVirus), which is a cloud-based application, for various attacks like commodity malware and other advanced attacks.
- The EDR (Endpoint Detection and Response) feature monitors consistently and records endpoint activity providing in-depth analysis that helps in automatically detecting and preventing threats.
- The forensics feature collects historical forensic information for analyzing cybersecurity incidents.
- The Firewall management feature deploys, runs and defends against network threats and provides enhanced protection.
Sift for fraud protection
Fraudulent activities related to payments are a big problem for businesses. Sift provides an effective solution that helps manage risks and prevents fraudulent transactions.
- Instantly detects and blocks risky transactions
- Shuts off fraudulent currency movement
- Prevents alternative payment abuse
- Automates decisions and reduces manual review
- Investigate complex trends in real-time
- Strengthens payment fraud defenses
Acunetix for vulnerability scanning
Acunetix from Invicti helps find vulnerabilities that endanger web applications and mitigates them. More than 2300 small, medium, and large companies use this AI tool for security testing.
- It can identify over 7000 vulnerabilities using DAST and IAST scanning
- Provides fast scans that detect vulnerabilities instantly
- Enables automatic prioritization of high-risk vulnerabilities
- Scan multiple environments simultaneously
- Eliminates false positive vulnerabilities, pinpoints vulnerability areas, and provides remediation guidance
Cloudflare for DDoS protection
DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) is a cybersecurity crime where users are prevented from accessing sites and online services due to flooding of a server with internet traffic. Cloudflare protects from DDoS attacks. It helps regain control while connecting and safeguarding data, apps, and businesses.
- Regain control of IT and security on-site, the web, public cloud, and SaaS
- Reduces attack surface, vendor count, and tools sprawl improving resilience and security
- Boosts performance of application and network
- Helps reduce costs and divert resources for other priority tasks
Web development with AI: Practical use #6: Personalize user experience
In web development with AI, tools that help in personalizing user experience work by analyzing user behavior and their preference to create customized experiences. Changing the language as per the location or changing search results to match a particular age group are some examples of personalizing user experience.
Adobe Target uses artificial intelligence-powered testing, personalization, and automation. It helps businesses find their target audience so they can provide the solution their audiences want.
- Provides omnichannel personalization to ensure consistent user experience
- Allows easy A/B testing to ensure high efficiency
- Using AI, the application tests user experience and helps customize the experience in a single click
- Combines content creation tools with real-time customer profiles for enhanced digital experience and marketing workflows
Practical use #7: Website building
Web designing tools and services using artificial intelligence make the task easier. The main objective of web development with AI website-building tools is to provide enhanced accessibility across different audience demographics. Some of the common AI tools used in website creation are given below:
Website building AI tool
AI web-building tools have common features like page and site templates that enable quick and efficient website creation. With sufficient customization, a business can set up a professional website in a very short span.
Wix offers multiple website designing tools like Editor, ADI, and Velo that make website creation a simple and quick process. While the Wix Editor tool features 500+ design templates, the ADI can create the desired design quickly via a few simple questions. By answering the given questions, the ADI tool can create a website that is personalized to the concerned business.
- Provides customized content with attractive text and images.
- By combining artificial intelligence with traditional design elements, the tool can create a unique design
- Users get instant access to guides and commonly used actions
- Advanced editing options are present that allow the selection of the theme, palette, and color.
Logo creating tool
Logos are a vital part of a business as they represent the brand and are instrumental in making a strong first impression. Web development with AI logo creation tools can help in making spectacular logos. Businesses can ensure their logos are unique and appealing.
Hostinger Logo-Making Tool
Hostinger AI logo maker tool helps create professional logos for brands in a few minutes. The process takes just four simple steps. By providing the brand name and the requirements of the logo design, the AI tool will provide various options. Once a suitable option is chosen, the logo files will be generated and they can be downloaded and used.
- Provides unique and sophisticated logo designs
- The AI tool can generate numerous styles of logo designs to choose from
- With a few clicks, the custom logo design can be generated and used on websites, social profiles, business cards, and more.
- Ensures a seamless and intuitive process.
Web development with AI permeates many facets of the development process including design, coding, security, and more. The AI tools simplify tedious manual processes via automation, minimizing the time needed for creation, debugging, and quality control. While artificial intelligence ensures optimized design and functionality, it is crucial for ensuring a secure website.
The benefits of AI in countering cyber-attacks are very valuable for businesses that are at high risk of payment fraud, DDoS, and other cyber security threats. Further, AI helps ensure the target customers are fully focused on ensuring a boost in engagement and a higher conversion rate. By using a reputed web development service that has AI expertise, businesses can fully exploit the benefits.
An attractively designed website with high performance and excellent user experience will be assured. Since artificial intelligence technology is still evolving, more practical applications may be introduced in the future, resulting in better outcomes for businesses and customers.