First what is server-side and client-side programming
In short the server-side programming language is used on the server machine, while the client-side programming language is used on the client machine.
Server Side Programming
Server side programming is the process of writing code that runs on servers rather than on individual computers. This type of programming must be done in order for web applications to run properly on the web server. Some examples of server side languages include PHP and ASP.NET whereas others include Python and Java.
Client Side Programming
What is Ruby on Rails
Ruby is a programming language, while Rails is a web application framework written in the Ruby language
Ruby on Rails (RoR) is a web application framework that's based on the Ruby programming language. The name "Ruby on Rails" was coined by David Heinemeier Hansson (aka DHH).
In its most basic sense, RoR allows developers to use the Ruby language in order to create websites and applications that run on top of a web server. But don't let this description fool you—there's a whole lot more to it than that!
The Ruby on Rails framework uses many third-party open source libraries such as ActiveRecord, Mongoid, ActionCable and others. These libraries are used to define database schema and create queries for your application. Rails is not only limited to web development but can also be used for non-web projects like desktop applications or testing automation scripts.
Ruby on Rails: Is it dying?
Ruby on Rails has been a major contender in the market. It has been around for more than 10 years and has seen many ups and downs during its life cycle. The latest news is that it's now being replaced by ReactJS as the number one choice of developers across the globe.
Is this true? Is Ruby on Rails really dying?
The answer is no! It's not dead yet.p Ruby on Rails is still alive and kicking! However, it will be very different in the future compared to what we have now with ROR or RoR (version 7).
Ruby on Rails is an object-oriented, server-side web application framework
Ruby on Rails is an object-oriented, server-side web application framework. It's a Ruby library that can be used to quickly write web applications that use the Model-View-Controller (MVC) design pattern.
The MVC pattern separates the application into three layers: model, view and controller. The model is responsible for storing data and providing methods to access it; the view presents the data from models; and controllers manage actions needed by models or views.
More control over the configuration of your application
Ruby on Rails users have more control over the configuration of their applications. For example, you can make your application do things faster and better because of the task-specific language features it offers (like ActiveRecord). You also have more control over security, which is important in any web application that takes money from customers.
AngularJS is built on the Model-View-Controller (MVC) architecture, which means that your data will be stored in your models, views will be rendered by controllers and directives, and your controllers will control everything else in between.
VueJS is an open-source, MIT-licensed library for building user interfaces for the browser. It aims to provide simple and flexible components that help developers focus on the view layer of the application instead of being distracted with how to structure the data and business logic.
Node.js is different from many other server-side programming languages in that it can be used in a single process (single threaded) or multi-threaded environment. The single threaded application runs one event loop at a time and will only handle one request at a time. The multi-threaded application can handle multiple requests concurrently and each request will run on its own event loop.
Applications You Can Build With RoR
Ruby on Rails is a popular web framework for Ruby. It’s used to create web applications, APIs and web services.
- Web Applications: A website with dynamic content that users can interact with. For example, an e-commerce website where users can browse products, add them to their cart and make payment.
- APIs: An application programming interface (API) is a set of definitions and protocols for building software applications that interact with other software applications or systems over a network such as the Internet. Many companies offer APIs for developers to use in their apps so they don't have to build everything from scratch every time they want something new added into their product lineup.
- Web Services: A software system designed primarily around remote procedure calls (RPC), usually across some kind of computer network but it doesn't have to be limited by these constraints alone either since there are many different ways you could implement one depending on what exactly needs doing first before deciding which approach would work best overall so long as everyone involved knows what each side expects out of this relationship too without any surprises later down the road when things start getting too complicated because nothing was clearly laid out beforehand."
Applications You Can Build With JS
- Mobile Applications - Mobile apps allow people to use their phones or tablets as if they were computers. They're popular because they're easy-to-use and convenient while on the go. Apps like Instagram or Google Maps are mobile apps that run on iOS devices (iPhones/iPads) or Android devices (Samsung Galaxy S8).
- Web Games - This is an area where JS excels due to its ability to create responsive interfaces and dynamic gameplay mechanics through code rather than by hand-coding animations/physics/etc.. Some examples include Minecraft Pocket Edition (Minecraft PE), Angry Birds 2 and BombSquad
Pros and Cons of RoR
A web framework is a software framework that provides a standard way to build, deploy and run applications using a specific programming language. Web frameworks are often used as part of an integrated development environment (IDE) or deployed by an application server.
Ruby on Rails (RoR) is a web framework that allows developers to create complex applications in Ruby by using the MVC (Model View Controller) architecture pattern. Ruby on Rails was created in 2004 and has since become one of the most popular web frameworks out there today.
Pros and Cons of JS
It's important to note that there is no one-size-fits-all solution when it comes to web development platforms. Every project requires a customized approach based on its specific needs and goals.
Development Speed & Cost
Performance and speed
In Ruby on Rails, you have to be careful about the way you write code because it will affect the entire project. For example, if you decide to use a certain type of class in one part of your application, then all classes should follow this format. If they don’t and they use different formatting or different syntax, then it will make it difficult for other developers who are working on the project with you.